Saturday, October 13, 2012

New England & Canada Cruise October 2012

We spent 3 nights in New York City before enjoying our 7 day cruise up the New England Coast and into Canada.  The highlights of our trip included:
  • 3 Nights in New York City
  • A day at sea on the Carnival Glory.
  • A day in Boston, Massachusetts
  • A day in Portland, Maine
  • A day in Saint John, New Brunswick - Canada
  • A cold, windy day in Halifax, Nova Scotia - Canada
  • Another day at sea
Our Cruise Route
 Historical Graveyard in Boston
 


Downton Boston


Coast Guard protecting our waters

View from the ship entering Portland, Maine

Another view when entering Portland, Maine

Fishing Boats in Portland harbor

City Market in Saint John, New Brunswick

Beautiful church in Saint John, New Brunswick

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Historic Brewery we visited

9 comments :

Sylvia said...

Bruce, I don't know you of course, but Linda is a blog friend of mine. Your blog is so very beautifully done. The setting for the trip photo's is so very dramatic and the pictures themselves so clear! I don't have the time know to go through all of them, but will be back. Good for you that you are blogging this. Did you know that you can make your blog into a book? It would make a wonderful present! Have a wonderful Sunday.

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Now that was fun cruising down your blog to see all the trips you and Linda have taken.
I have followed Linda´s blog for sometime now and love when she shows us fotos of her trips so of course I had to come over to your blog and see the "no fluff" version for myself.
Great fotos and I recognize some of the places I have been so that is fun too. Have fun planning your next excursion ...oh and that is some house on wheels you guys have....wow! No wonder you go camping so often.

Becca said...

So many beautiful, interesting places! I've always wanted to visit Maine.

S. Etole said...

I've never been to Maine, so I enjoyed this variety of images.

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous! Though the sea looks a little choppy around that patrol boat!

Buttons said...

AWESOME photos I do love this blog of no "Fluff" I hope you enjoyed Canada I did not see you here:)
Keep up the good work welcome to bloggerland. B

Lisa Gordon said...

What a wonderful cruise this must have been!
Fantastic images of it.
Thank you for sharing!

Pieces of Sunshine said...

So many wonderful sights. Maine sure looks to be very picturesque.

Linda R said...

This is a trip of a life time. So much fun.