Monday, April 7, 2014

Canyon Lands and Arches National Park

We've been enjoying ourselves here in the Moab, Utah area.  The weather has been great!  I wouldn't suggest visiting this area in the middle of summer.  It would be brutally hot.  Linda and I did some biking, hiking, shopping, and relaxing.  The two National Parks near here are Canyonlands and Arches.  They both have their unique beauty, but my favorite is Arches National Park.  We only have one day left here.  After that, we're planning on visiting Mesa Verde National Park in SW Colorado


Bicycle ride along the Colorado River into Negro Bill Canyon



The deep canyon walls around the Colorado and Green Rivers 
Taking a little rest before we continue up the hill to Upheaval Dome



Landscape Arch...The longest natural arch span in the world.  It's over 290 feet long, and only 11 feet thick at it's center.


Another steep climb through the Devils Garden

Sunrise at Pine Tree Arch

Another glimpse of the sunrise at Pine Tree Arch


Tunnel Arch

This looks kinda like the Stonehenge of Utah...

3 comments :

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, wow, it's almost surreal! Nature is truly amazing. This is now on my list of places I wish I could visit. TFS!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love Arches National Park, wonderful shots!!!!

Emily Keaton said...

We hiked the trail to Landscape Arch in 2012 and tried climbing along those fins in the Devils Garden, too. I about hyperventilated! Your photos of sunrise at Pine Tree Arch are just gorgeous. All of these make me want to go back--and soon!!