Sunday, October 16, 2016

Custer, SD and the Black Hills - Oct 11-16, 2016

We stayed at Custer State Park in the Legion Lake Campground Loop.  In my opinion, Custer State Park rivals many National Parks.  They have 3 different lodges, several lakes, miles of hiking and a variety of wildlife.

Linda and I enjoyed an early morning hike around Legion Lake


Mt Rushmore is every bit as impressive as I remember when I was just a kid.  It's an amazing work of art and a real tribute to America




Linda got this photo from a slightly different angle.
It's a good thing we didn't try to bring the RV through here.  That would have given the Fifth Wheel a whole new look!


We took a day trip to Deadwood, SD.  This was a real bustling town back during the gold rush!


Wild Bill Hickock re-enacting that fateful card game that ended his life.  We saw this at the No.10 Saloon

The Knuckle Saloon is in Sturgis, SD...a short drive from Deadwood.  It wasn't very busy this time of year, but I'm sure during the Motorcycle Rally...it's totally different.

1 comment :

Gina Kleinworth said...

You were so close!!!! We have always wanted to do SD with all these fun places to see. I'm inspired!!!